Auto Glass Replacement
Auto Glass Safety
About Car Tech
Excellence in Auto Glass
22325 Highway 99 Edmonds, WA 98026
Call Us 1-866-452-7731
Ph# (425) 343-6464
Fx# (425) 744-0124
for a Map
Auto Glass Safety is Our #1 Priority
|Don't put your safety at risk
Car Tech Auto Glass is Seattle's windshield installation experts.
Did you know the windshield in your vehicle is a safety device, like air bags and seat belts? It's true. Besides the obvious role of protecting occupants from wind, water and debris, your car's windshield can help save your life, and the lives of your passengers, by ensuring you are not thrown from the vehicle in a collision. Windshields also play a critical role in airbag deployment on many cars. A properly installed windshield (and rear window) add up to 60% of the strength supporting the roof of the vehicle in a rollover so you and your passengers will not be crushed. The windshield is not just a piece of glass it is a peace of mind.
Your Safety is our #1 priority
Even if you don't choose Car Tech Auto Glass to install your windshield replacement or service your windshield repair, here are some important safety measures to follow related to the auto glass in your vehicle:
Regular Windshield Check-Ups Keep You Safe
Most drivers don’t think about the glass in their vehicle unless there is obvious glass damage. Some windshield damage may not be noticed immediately. That's why it is important to regularly check your windshield, and all of the vehicle's glass, for any problems. You can use the following simple steps to inspect your car, or seek the assistance of a Car Tech Auto Glass certified technician:
Avoid Cut-Rate Auto Glass Replacement – The Lowest Price is Not Always a Bargain.
- Check the entire windshield, inside and out, for chips and cracks. Minor chips and very small cracks may be repairable, provided they are outside the driver's primary line of sight. Any significant cracks or damage will require windshield replacement.
- Check around the edge of the glass for damage to the surrounding body work. Any problems that affect the seal of the glass to the body can weaken structural integrity and should be repaired.
- Check the windshield wipers to make sure the rubber blades are soft and pliable. Hard, brittle or damaged blades can break and allow the metal wiper arm to scratch the glass.
If your windshield needs to be replaced, remember you get what you pay for. Finding the lowest price should not be your primary consideration when having a windshield replaced. Make sure to find a certified, professional auto glass facility that guarantees proper windshield installation to maintain the structural integrity and other safety features built into your vehicle at the factory.
Many auto glass companies perform quality windshield repair and replacement. Unfortunately, there are also some that do not. Car Tech Auto Glass operates a full-service, certified auto glass business for the greater Seattle area. Regardless of who does the work, asking some basic questions can greatly increase your odds of obtaining a professional auto glass installation.
Ask the Auto Glass Repair Facility if they:
During the windshield installation, watch to see if the technician:
- Have National Glass Association (NGA) certified technicians
- Endorse and adhere to the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard (AGRSS)
- Use OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) quality glass for replacement
- Use the manufacturers recommended urethane adhesives
After the installation is complete, inspect the work carefully. You don't need to be an auto glass expert to identify some signs of improper installation. From outside the vehicle:
- Checks for a front passenger side air bag and, if present, uses a urethane rated for that type of installation
- Removes the old windshield sealant, leaving approximately 1/16" of bonding surface
- Wears latex or nitrile gloves to avoid contaminating the bonding surfaces
- Cleans and primes both the glass and vehicle body in those areas where the urethane adhesive makes contact.
Remember, the windshield does more than just keep out wind, water, and bugs; it helps keep you and your passengers safe in a collision. If you are seeking an auto glass repair facility to repair or replace your windshield, choose one that understands the importance of following proper installation techniques and industry standards for auto glass replacement. Car Tech Auto Glass uses only glass and adhesives that conform or surpass O.E.M. and AGRSS standards for excellence. For more windshield safety information, visit www.safewindshields.com
- Check to see if the windshield is perfectly centered on the car. The distance between the left side and the right side of the windshield and the auto body should be the same.
- Check to make sure the glass is flush with the vehicle body.
- Inspect the molding around the circumference of the windshield. There should be no visible gaps, and the molding should lie flat and even -- not look like a roller coaster.